Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Wardrobe Refashion: Brown Dress to Kimono Wrap Top

Hi Folks! So here's another refashion; big brown dress + coral infinity scarf = kimono wrap tunic. 

 All photos were taken by my older son. 

I bought this dress at a thrift shop and knew right away it was too big and would redesign it. I was actually hoping the reconstruction would translate into another dress but I didn't have enough fabric. 



I also had this coral infinity scarf which, by itself, was fine but I decided to use it to break up the brown color and add interest to the dress. It was also long and wide enough that I could fold over the neckline and not work to hard to create clean edges. It didn't work as good as I thought it would, though. 


All in all, I liked the way it came out. The only thing I would change would be to line, or double the fabric, on the ties. The edges are not finished and this presents a problem if I don't tuck them in on the torso portion where the ties fold over.  

Front and back 



Okay, I'll take off the glasses! 


Here I am in my best cat walk face, lol. 


I actually wore it to a friend's house yesterday.  

Que piensas? What do you think? 


2 comments:

  1. I love your shades... Where'd you get them? .. Hahahaha. 😉. I like the tunic and didn't notice and unfinished ends. Don't know if they make the tunic uncomfortable to wear, but it doesn't make a difference stylistically in my opinion. .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! You know where I got them, lol. They don't make it uncomfortable, I guess since I know, I'm mrs aware of it. Thanks for commenting! <3

      Delete